11/21/16 I Am Thankful For…

This is going to be a little different than the average “I’m thankful for blah blah blah.” Obviously I’m thankful for everything I have such as my house, food, loving parents, etc. This year is a little different. As of now, I know that I will not have my Mammaw with me for thanksgiving next year. So this year I’m thankful for her and everything she has done for me and my family, and I thank God he put her in my life and chose me to be her granddaughter because it was truly an honor and a privilege. She has gotten my dad out of multiple dilemmas back when he was complicated to deal with. She always filled the Christmas tree with the best of presetsĀ for allĀ of her grandkids. She’s always been there when I needed her, she lives right next door to me. She has always made sure she was stocked up on pop and junk food for us. She always got my brother a new video game when they went to Wal-Mart, back when she could. She let me lay on her lap when it was storming because she knew I was afraid of them. When we are with her, she is always worrying about everyone other than herself. About a month ago, she was in the hospital and we were saying our last and final goodbyes when my brother said he was hungry. While she was lying there, gasping for air, she said to my mom, “make sure you get this boy some food” and we all just laughed. She’s been a true blessing to me and I’m so glad I got her to be my grandmother. I physically can’t put into words how much I love her and how much the family will miss her when she goes to be with Jesus. We love you and thanks for everything, Mammaw<3

Update 11/23/16: At 9:50am this morning she took her last breath so unfortunately I didn’t get her for this Thanksgiving either but she is better now and I am thankful for her prolonged life here on earth. I know she will have a wonderful Thanksgiving with her family and our God in heaven. She will always be with me and my family and I am forever greatful for that privilege <3